Skip to main content
Perspectives Library Session Learning Outcomes: Choosing the Right Database
- You will learn how to locate the databases the Blough-Weis Library has available to SU students.
- You will learn that different databases will cover different topics and different sources.
- You will learn to consider and select appropriate databases for your research topic.
- Wide range of topics covering many disciplines.
- Publication dates will vary.
- Variety of source types such as scholarly articles, ebooks, newspapers, videos, newswires, reports, book reviews and more;
- Good databases to begin your research for background information about your topic
- Specific topics within their subject area or a group of related disciplines.
- Publications dates will vary.
- Variety of source types such as scholarly articles, ebooks, films, documentaries, literature criticisims, company & industry reports, statistics and more;
- Good databases to locate sources very specific to your topic