Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Blough-Weis Library Mission Statement
The Blough-Weis Library supports the academic vibrancy of Susquehanna University by providing quality resources and services that help members of the campus community pursue their intellectual and cultural interests. As a teaching library, we prepare undergraduate students to thrive in an information-rich world by giving them the skills to locate, evaluate, and apply information needed to succeed in their academic pursuits and as life-long consumers of information.
We fulfill this mission by:
- Educating faculty and students about library resources critical to academic success and personal enrichment.
- Teaching students to become efficient and ethical seekers and users of information.
- Providing students with focused and personalized research consultations.
- Collaborating with faculty to improve student success in the classroom and after graduation by creating effective information literacy programming.
- Proactively seeking and acquiring research materials that best support the university's curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with the campus community about library resources, services, and other topics of interest.
- Keeping online resources and services operating 24/7 to the greatest extent possible.
- Providing comfortable, functional, and accessible space and technology for academic, cultural, and social gatherings.
- Effectively managing the library's budget to provide high quality resources and services in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Maintaining a well-trained and highly knowledgeable staff and student workforce.