Susquehanna Uiversity--Blough-Weis Library Mission Statement
The Blough-Weis Library supports the academic vibrancy of Susquehanna University by providing quality resources and services that help members of the campus community pursue their intellectual and cultural interests. As a teaching library, we prepare undergraduate students to thrive in an information-rich world by giving them the skills to locate, evaluate, and apply information needed to succeed in their academic pursuits and as life-long consumers of information.
We fulfill this mission by:
- Educating faculty and students about library resources critical to academic success and personal enrichment.
- Teaching students to become efficient and ethical seekers and users of information.
- Providing students with focused and personalized research consultations.
- Collaborating with faculty to improve student success in the classroom and after graduation by creating effective information literacy programming.
- Proactively seeking and acquiring research materials that best support the university's curriculum.
- Communicating regularly with the campus community about library resources, services, and other topics of interest.
- Keeping online resources and services operating 24/7 to the greatest extent possible.
- Providing comfortable, functional, and accessible space and technology for academic, cultural, and social gatherings.
- Effectively managing the library's budget to provide high quality resources and services in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Maintaining a well-trained and highly knowledgeable staff and student workforce.