Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Perspectives Library Session Learning Outcomes: Choosing the Right Database
- You will learn how to locate the databases the Blough-Weis Library has available to SU students.
- You will learn that different databases will cover different topics and different sources.
- You will learn to consider and select appropriate databases for your research topic.
- You will learn to create an in-text citation in APA Style.
- Wide range of topics covering many disciplines.
- Publication dates will vary.
- Variety of source types such as scholarly articles, ebooks, newspapers, videos, newswires, reports, book reviews and more;
- Good databases to begin your research for background information about your topic
- Specific topics within their subject area or a group of related disciplines.
- Publications dates will vary.
- Variety of source types such as scholarly articles, ebooks, films, documentaries, literature criticisims, company & industry reports, statistics and more;
- Good databases to locate sources very specific to your topic